Security Software Engineer (Full Remote or Edge/Hybrid)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
This is an opportunity to join the Software Engineering Team of the HPE Security Engineering (HSE) organization. HSE works across all business units in HPE developing and integrating security technologies into our products. Our work spans operating systems, drivers, filesystems, applications and application identity management. Our goal is to provide HPE customers with the most secure platforms possible, maintaining and increasing HPE’s lead over our competitors.
As a Software Engineer , here's how you will make your mark:
· Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new product.
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
· Writes and executes testing plans for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
· Leads a project team of other software systems engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically extensive experience.
Experience and Knowledge in many of the following:
· Excellent programming skills (Golang is preferred).
· Experience on development for Linux based systems.
· Experience with Cloud Native architecture and Microservices.
· Experience in containers (Docker/Kubernetes).
· Differential is having knowledge on Linux containers internals.
· Desirable knowledge working with SQL databases.
· Desirable knowledge on PKI, identity management and access control.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.