Security Operations Engineer
Security Operations (SecOps) Engineer monitors, evaluates, remediates, measures and audits security of the cloud environment that hosts customer facing SaaS applications.
· Monitor security of the cloud environment using Security Operations Center (SOC) and various other tools.
· Evaluate the detected issues and remediate them working with DevOps and Engineering.
· Retrieve and report metrics on security of the cloud environment.
· Implement and operate security controls required by security and compliance standards.
· Install and configure security systems and tools.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· 2 -4 years experience in IT/cloud systems or IT/cloud security.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience or understanding of IT systems (networks, firewalls, servers, Linux, authentication etc.).
· Basic knowledge of cloud systems (at least one of AWS, Azure or GCP).
· Domain knowledge in security is preferable, but not essential if the candidate has ambition to acquire and learn it on the job.
· Knowledge of at least one scripting language (bash, Python, JS, Go etc.).
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.