SAP Tax Analyst
HPE Global IT is looking for an experienced SAP Tax Analyst with experience in designing, implementing tax solutions in Order-to-Cash and Procure-to-Pay processes in a global, highly complex system landscape. We are looking for individuals with the passion to drive significant business outcomes through technical skills, business acumen and leadership.
Global Functions IT, part of HPE Global IT is responsible for providing best in class IT solutions to HPE's internal Global functions like Finance, Tax, Procurement, Treasury, Legal and others. The candidates will manage successful delivery of Order Management, Procurement, Accounts Receivable and Payable Tax solutions collaborating with various IT and business partners.
Main responsibilities :
· This role expects the candidate to apply functional and technical knowledge of SAP tools, systems and processes (SAP Sales & Distribution, FICO & Procurement Indirect Transaction & Direct Tax determination).
· Implement Tax solutions for Tax optimization and regulatory compliance requirements in SAP ERP applications and SAP based and third party tax engines.
· Gather business requirements, lead analysis and drive high level E2E design.
· Perform configuration and development activities to meet business requirements through a combination of internal and external teams.
· Collaborate with external software vendors and System Integrators on project implementation, ensuring adherence to established SLA’s.
· Take a module lead role on IT projects to ensure that all business stakeholders included and ensure they receive sufficient and timely communications.
· Supports request for proposals/quote, works to develop project proposals and statements of work, and other engagement activities with IT service providers.
· Applies learned subject matter knowledge in Tax to solve problems of diverse complexity and scope.
· Uses formal system implementation methodologies during project prep, requirements gathering, design, build/test and deployment.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with key business users. Uses the gained business knowledge to drive engagement on major IT initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Bachelors degree in Science / Finance or related discipline with over 8 years of experience implementing SAP Tax solutions in a techno-functional role.
· Strong experience with implementing Tax solutions at large global enterprises, spanning blueprinting, implementation of Tax determination and reporting solutions including SAP SD Pricing and Taxes, MM (e.g. Logistics Invoice Verification, Vendor Invoice Management etc) and Finance Integration.
· Minimum 2-3 full life cycle global implementations (Prior experience defining/implementing worldwide solutions across multiple legal entities in a highly complex systems and project environment) including hands-on design and configuration.
· Experience with implementing VAT/GST, Tax Point Date solutions, Tax optimized Supply Chain, Regulatory Compliance requirements such as eInvoicing and VAT and other tax reporting, experience integrating SAP with third party Tax solutions etc., are required.
· Experience with Thomson Reuters One Source Tax solution is required.
· Candidates with experience implementing Tax Regulatory Compliance and reporting solutions strongly preferred.
· Business process knowledge and ability to map business requirements to standard SAP processes with minimal or no customization.
· Experience with SAP implementation methodologies and modern software development methodologies.
· Good understanding of Integration of non-SAP Applications through ALE/IDOC and other communication mechanisms from a business analyst's perspective.
· Functional understanding of software test methodologies, and experience with testing automation tools is a plus.
· Ability to trouble shoot using basic ABAP debugging and understanding of SAP table structure is an asset.
· Sound analytical and problem solving skills, Excellent consulting skills, Self-confident.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills of complex and technical concepts. Demonstrates strong command of the English language.
· High internal drive/self-initiative; Ability to work with ambiguous and incomplete information; Resourceful.
· Strong relationship building and influencing skills; Able to mediate opposing viewpoints; Work well in a team environment.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.