Sales Operations, Account Operations Manager
Assigned to customers or partners as a focal point for operational aspects for the business relationship and may assist in driving the operational strategy for their assigned customer and participate in key negotiations. Provides process consulting expertise to project and account teams in developing the customer solution and to enable the efficient execution of operational processes. Advocates the customer/partner view, expectations and provides feedback to the development/improvement of processes and capabilities. Understands and analyzes account financials. May manage top level escalations by interacting with company management and the customer/partner side. Examples of operational topics handled in this job family can be; provide consultancy and support to an account that wants to centralize the purchasing of hardware or service agreements, work with the account as well as internal stakeholders to implement new business models / supply chain models, implement processes and procedures with the account supporting the company’s policies related to compliance and global trade, advocate the customer/partner requirements in the development of automated solutions (web based, EDI).
· Leads a team of individual contributors and/or Manager 1s for a business/function or region by setting performance goals and objectives, allocating financial and human capital for programs and projects, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of client solutions.
· Oversees with account management team to set priorities and explain business strategies; motivates, coaches, and fosters creativity within teams.
· Provides guidance on priority projects/initiatives of the highest level of complexity.
· Sets broad strategies and identifies program improvement areas.
· Leads projects and corporate initiatives at the regional or global level; guides or performs risk assessment, defines project scope, prioritizes initiatives, and determines resource needs.
· Identifies consequences of decisions on a regional or global level and develops appropriate solutions.
· Develops, communicates and maintains strong working relationships with the most senior-level business partners and advises client management in the successful implementation of recommendations, while effectively overseeing the entire account management process.
· Collaborates and negotiates with senior business leaders to resolve highly complex issues; represents the company to internal and external stakeholders, such as management and external clients on all account management matters.
· Provides management direction and support to operational performance reviews with customers/partners on highest management level and holds ultimate accountability for the execution of agreed improvement plans. (Reviews may typically include topics such as special pricing, inventory levels and procurement plans, delivery performance, claims, and disputes impacting the financial position of the account).
Education and Experience Required:
· First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
· Typically 10+ years related experience with experience preferably in supply chain, customer service, procurement, or financial management.
· Typically 2-4 years of people management experience.
· PMP certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Superior communication, influence, and presentation skills, including both written and verbal forms catered to a wide variety of audiences. Mastery in English and local language as well as other languages as required.
· Demonstrates management competencies in working with both internal clients and external partnerships.
· Excellent people management skills i.e. attracting, retaining and developing a talented workforce including goal setting and performance management.
· Excellent ability to promote teamwork, motivate individual and team efforts and provide appropriate coaching.
· Excellent ability to lead teams and individuals through change.
· Mastery of the field of operational accounts management
· Exceptional financial and business acumen; in-depth business and industry knowledge.
· Superior knowledge of the end-to-end process of sales operations and the organization's capabilities.
· Ability to guide others in understanding and interpreting customer needs and developing workable programs.
· Excellent project management and process development skills with the ability to manage multiple projects while staying within the scope of the overall strategy.
· Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including competency in financial analysis.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Excellent understanding of the company's business and budget planning cycle.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.