Sales Engineer (Graduate Program)
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Would you like to jump start your career right away? Great news! Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is offering a unique Solution Architect Mentoring program designed specifically for recent college graduates. Join other graduates in this strategically vital training program where in one year, you will gain up to 5 years of consulting and sales engineering skills, preparing you for a position on our Presales team.
As a Solution Architect in our sales organization, you will have the ability to change the world. Working directly with HPE peers, sales representatives, partners, and customers, you will be able to design HPE technology-based solutions that include servers, networking, storage, software, and virtualization products to the most interesting and vexing business challenges today. You will become the face of HPE’s technical sales team to our valued customers. Our Solution Architects work directly with HPE’s sales representatives providing technical expertise, solution advice, proposal creation, presentation delivery and other fun and exciting customer related communications.
So what is this Solution Architect Mentoring program and why is HPE offering it?
This program is an accelerated learning and mentoring program designed specifically to provide valuable training, mentoring and experience for recent college graduates interested in joining our innovative Presales Solution Architect team. During the mentoring program, you will be based in our primary Solution Center located in the Alpharetta suburb of Atlanta Georgia. There you will learn HPE technology via hands-on practice under the guidance of our senior architecture leads. The program is structured around a rotational schedule designed to give you hands-on experience with all HPE technologies. After completing the technical mentorship, you will be advanced to a field sales office where you will continue your mentorship working alongside one of our exceptional field-based Solution Architects. These locations are spread across the US offering numerous opportunities in many attractive cities. At the conclusion of the program, you will possess the skills and abilities to work as a professional Solution Architect.
Key activities that our Solution Architects perform today and that you, too, will one day perform include:
· Serving as the technical expert and valued partner with HPE sales team members.
· Creating solution proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
· Assessing customer business needs to tailor the right solution with the right HPE products to help the customer succeed.
· Linking the business need to the proposed IT solution.
· Identifying likely problem areas that require attention and addressing those areas.
· Combating competitive threats in accounts and educating the customer on HPE’s key values and benefits.
· Anticipating potential challenges for the proposed project plan and bringing those to the customer’s attention with a resolution.
· Facilitating smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
· Engaging with peers and partners on technical matters and helping educate others on HPE’s key value and benefits.
Education and Experience Required :
· Bachelors, Masters or technical degree required with strong preference for a major or minor in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar field. Other degrees will be considered.
· Experience in sales a plus.
· Consulting experience is a plus, especially that with customers regarding their technical requirements.
Knowledge and Skills Required :
· Passion for technology.
· Motivation to solve business and technical problems.
· Desire to go in depth on technical solutions.
· Hands-on knowledge with some current industry leading technology (in a classroom or real world setting).
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and effectively communicate those concepts to others.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Demonstrated effective questioning techniques and effective interpretation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team on large complex projects.
· Effective presentation capability with both small and medium sized audiences.
· Highly motivated team player.
· Entrepreneur minded work ethic.
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.