Project Finance Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
The Global Project Finance (GPF) Analyst provides compliant financial project accounting guidance throughout the lifecycle of a services project in HPE Pointnext Services. GPF analysts control and manage all financial aspects of project accounting in the areas of cost and expense management, revenue recognition disposition, reforecasting and all other project accounting financial transactions and activities like intercompany billings, cost reclassifications, Balance Sheet reconciliations and others.
GPF analysts demonstrate strong business knowledge and financial acumen, ensuring project financials are compliant per HPE Accounting and Finance Manual (AFM) Policies. They work with Region/Country Finance, Business Operations, PMO, Pursuit, Delivery and Solution Operations teams to ensure accuracy and compliance when reporting HPE’s financial results by providing guidance and direction relative to correct accounting policies and processes.
· Controls and manages end to end financial processes in support of the project, including although not limited to revenue recognition, cost management, forecasting, project tracking & planning activities, monthly close activities, and assist fixed asset accounting & balance sheet reconciliation & escalatables
· Reviews Engagement Estimation and Evaluation Tool (E3T) and Statement of Work (SOW) for financial accuracy and determines accurate and compliant WBS structure and revenue recognition method
· Advises on REV allocations if prices/margins are outside the approved SSP range or any other NRS impacts on projects
· Provides financial information, reporting & analysis to the Project Manager, Delivery and Region/Country Finance
· Understands and applies appropriate Accounting Policies (AFM) and Procedures as well as relevant COMPASS (internal SAP system) Business Processes working with Global Revenue Recognition Organization (GRRO) and Enterprise Financial Reporting (EFR) as required
· Ensures timeliness of processing activities to meet deadlines including accounting closes & forecasting deadlines
· Ensures quality transactions are processed, maximizing the use of COMPASS to limit manual journal entries (JE) outside of COMPASS
· Acts as a trusted advisor to the account or Delivery on financial processes and issues providing early visibility of potential problems
· Gathers project variance explanations for Project & Finance reviews through analysis of actuals vs. plans
· Drives Finance Audit Readiness and SOX Compliance activities
· Ensures all Internal Billing /Inter-company transactions are correct
· Maintains COMPASS WBS integrity from start to projects closure
· Manages the financial Purchase Order process
· Single Point of Contact for the Project Manager for all financial related topics
Education and Experience Required:
· First level university degree with a focus in business or economics recommended or equivalent experience.
· Typically 2+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
· May have experience in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Basic understanding of accounting processes and principles.
· Good analytical skills.
· Good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
· Good communication skills.
· Good teamwork skills.
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.