PCB Layout Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical/electronic parts, components, sub-systems, algorithms, or integrated circuitry for electrical/electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Conducts feasibility studies, design margin on new and modified designs. Assists in architecture development and assessment. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
Focus on layout floor planning, defining component pin out and appropriate fan out.
· Working with EE/SI to assess layer stack up and routing optimization to achieve optimized penalization, layer count, material and routing for the PCB design.
· Design of high speed buses and optimization for PCB trace routing.
· Transform research results to generic guidelines, constraints and specifications for all platforms, and drive consistent quality across the entire portfolio.
· Communicating with PCB vendors for PCB manufacturing engineering issue.
· Make risk calls, priority decisions, and collaborate with others
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to come out with a balance solution after considering critical mass trade off, PCB material, stack formula, technology roadmap, schedule, risk and Dfx. Proving solution by using systematic methodology and scientific evidence in lab.
· Familiar with Allegro layout tool and Valor DFx check tool.
· Knowing Allegro SKILL programming is a plus.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Join us and make your mark!
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.