Job ID 1020245 Date posted 3/6/2018 Primary Location Bracknell, England, United Kingdom Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
We are seeking a network engineer who wants to be a part of a fast-paced and challenging environment. Our ideal candidate will provide escalation-level support for the deployment and maintenance of Aruba products. This position reports into the customer advocacy organization and requires a person with in-depth understanding of complex enterprise network deployment models and strong troubleshooting skills.
· Providing pre and post sales technical support to the sales teams, customers and partners for various technologies and solutions related to Aruba products.
· Work on complex problems requiring in-depth fault analysis and troubleshooting.
· Formulate technical action plans for analyzing and resolving problems.
· Simulate customer issues in lab.
· Participate in solutions for knowledge base.
· Provide technical cross-training to relevant groups as needed.
· Participate in serviceability enhancement requirement reviews.
· Work effectively in a team environment including colleagues, QA and development engineers, and the Aruba field organization.
· Required to travel to customer sites for troubleshooting, training purposes, business reviews.
· Determine need to escalate & be able to interact with development & QA.
· Interact with other teams to drive resolution of hardware / software deficiencies / bugs.
· Minimum of three (3) year experience in customer facing Technical Support, supporting enterprise class networking products with advanced expertise in network switching, routing and security, required.
· Knowledge of authentication protocols and servers required.
· Understanding & experience in configuring & troubleshooting VoIP protocols like SIP, SVP, H323 etc. required.
· Experience in network analysis & test tools like wireshark, iperf, nmap etc. required.
· In-depth knowledge of Layer2 technologies like spanning tree, VLANs, 802.1q, 802.1d, etc. required.
· Strong knowledge of internet routing protocols like RIP, OSPF etc. required.
· Proficiency in VPN technologies such as L2TP, IKE, IPSec, etc., required.
· Strong knowledge and concepts of TCP/IP, UDP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP, GRE, etc., required.
· Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred.
· Two (2) or more years of TAC Escalation experience preferred.
· Knowledge of wireless networking preferred.
· Industry certifications like ACMX, ACDX & CCIE preferred.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.