Linux System Software Engineer
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
In a typical day as a Linux System Software Engineer, you would
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
· Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
· Analyzes design and determines the coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of the overall architecture of product or solution.
· Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into the application architecture.
· Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost-effective and high-quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects. Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically 5-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Expertise in multiple software systems design tools and languages.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
· Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging and testing scripts and tools.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.