Job ID 1023327 Date posted 4/4/2018 Primary Location Bracknell, England, United Kingdom; London, England, United Kingdom Other location London,London,United Kingdom Job Category Legal Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE's Legal division applies legal knowledge to complex business transactions. Our mission is to contribute to HPE's success by providing proactive, practical and timely legal advice and contractual support to enable our clients to achieve profitable growth and customer satisfaction. An integral part of HPE, we work in areas such as Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Ethics, Antitrust, Commercial Law, and Litigation to name but a few.
We are seeking a new lawyer to join an existing high-performing, collaborative team based in the Thames Valley. This role will be a varied generalist position, and the individual sought will ensure the provision of proactive, timely, practical and cost effective legal services to all levels of the business and management in the UK, with some additional responsibility for, and exposure to, global areas and projects.
An important part of this role is to provide single point of contact/business partner services to the real estate team across Europe, Middle and Africa. This is a stake holder management role, offering the ability to play a central part in HPE’s real estate strategy. Some real estate experience is essential.
UK qualified solicitor or barrister.
Strong legal skills with a commercial and pragmatic outlook are essential. Rounded experience preferred (individuals who have acted as in-house sole counsel would be ideal). Experience in real estate is a must. Commercial transactions, both direct and indirect with an understanding of competition law also preferable.
· Ability to win trust quickly and influence people of all levels
· Genuine interest in working for one of the worlds leading technology corporations
· Work independently and as a member of a team with a “can do” attitude
· Ability to appreciate and respect diverse cultures and systems and adapt accordingly.
· Ability to analyse, think strategically and problem solve
· Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
· Ability to explain complex legal matters in a business context (business mindset, practical approach)
· Excellent commercial legal knowledge
· Resilience and confidence to work in a dynamically changing environment
· Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities and deadlines, with demonstrated organisation and executional skills
· Demonstrable ability to offer prompt, commercial practical legal advice
· Flexibility for some travel.