Linux Software Engineer
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools.
· Provides Linux Driver and Linux Hardware support programming and expertise including kernel level drivers and packages to install them.
· Understands building a Linux operating system such as Debian with an understanding of kernel option requirements based on hardware needs.
· Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· 0-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge and experience of C/C++ and Python. Some knowledge or experience with Erlang is a plus.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.