The data science team in Aruba’s cloud software division develops and delivers ML/AI modules for all of Aruba’s cloud-based software products (especially ClearPass, AI Insights). We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our team.
What You'll Do
· Work with domain experts to identify and formalize machine learning problems for wireless and wired network diagnostics, root causing, problem remediation, and optimization
· Discover new problem signatures in customer networks
· Design, implement, and validate machine learning algorithms on big data
· Guide and oversee deployment of implemented machine learning solutions and monitor their operation
Our Minimum Requirements for this role are:
· M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or another quantitative field plus two years of experience OR Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or another quantitative field plus project work.
· Strong background in statistical and machine learning techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering and ranking of events, time series analysis, event stream mining, hypothesis testing, causal inference, deep learning
· Great at communicating concepts and results; strong data visualization skills
· Expert Python coder (PySpark, Scikit-learn); experience with software engineering best practice
Additional preferred skills
· Relevant industry experience in data science, machine learning
· Experience with online learning algorithms, reinforcement learning, semi-supervised learning, or mixed time-series/event streams
· Familiarity with wireless and wired networking protocols
· Proficiency in big data computing infrastructure (Kubernetes / Hadoop ecosystem)
What We Can Offer You:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.