JAVA Developer - Hybrid-Cloud Automation Tools
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
About the team:
The HPE Hybrid Cloud Application Modernization Practice is a Global team of consultants located around the Global that are the central HPE team to bring leading innovation and automation of Application Modernization and Migration services to the front-line country consulting businesses. This is achieved by working in strategic projects identified in any Geography, innovating with front-line consultants, capturing the IP, and then automating these solutions for reuse and scale of HPE business around the globe.
The Hybrid Cloud Automation Development team within this practice is responsible for the automation and integration of consultant tools to accelerate services delivered. The most recent example of the Development Automation Team development of RMA (Right Mix Advisor) a portfolio of tools to support our customers with lifecycle application discovery, assessment, transformation and migration planning. This team also supports our customers with application modernization lifecycle tools such as RMA Migration Dashboard, consultant tools to streamline code discovery scanning, integration with key partner tools for accelerating the consultant’s outcomes, various database discovery and migration tools, as well as application refactoring automation to move customers to cloud native and micro services architectures.
The following are some of the key areas of expertise within the development team:
● Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP, HPE Greenlake)
● Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
● Rule based decision support systems
● CI / CD (Azure pipelines, Jenkins, Git)
● Databases: MongoDB, MSSQL and MySQL
● Agile best practices, Scrum
● Experience with REST APIs
● Data visualizations and reporting
● Machine learning
● Security best practices, SSO
● Key skills – 5+ years java enterprise development experience
● Experience with Maven, Github, JUnit, mocking frameworks
● Good knowledge of design patterns, microservices architecture, multi-threaded systems
● 2+ years working within an agile environment and experience with REST APIs, JSON
● Databases: experience with NoSQL, SQL databases, MongoDB
● CI/CD – Jenkins or similar tool for deployments
● Experience with Linux/Unix
● 3 - 5 years of technical experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, two additional years of relevant professional experience (5-7 years in total).
The following is desirable but not essential:
● Experience with Drools or similar Business Rules Management System,
● Experience with machine learning technologies, AI
● Experience with implementing security best practices in design, SSO implementation
● Experience with Docker/Kubernetes container frameworks
● Experience with cloud hosted deployments (Azure/AWS/Google Cloud)
● Experience with application integration frameworks, ideally Mule.
How you’ll make your mark:
Provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers' business needs and for understanding customers' businesses. As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction.
Actively contribute to the company's solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects. Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers.
● Able to work effectively across technical and non-technical teams
● Able to work in an agile environment
● Work Globally, with virtual teammates, and with some reasonable flexibility on occasion to work across time-zones
● Analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
● Bachelor's degree in MIS/Computer Science or related field
● Good communication, collaboration and knowledge sharing skills
● Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the implementation of a specific deliverable.
● Able to contribute to the design for deliverables.
● Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on individual products.
● Able to communicate broad specific concepts with team and to peers, produce documentation for use by team and customer.
● Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
● Understands a broad spectrum of the company's technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements.
● Tasks may include installing new systems applications;
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.