Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Legal Affairs, Global Real Estate and Global Security.
· Participates as a member of development team or teams; may lead a small development team. Performs analysis of functional and business requirements. Prepares code stubs for others. Completes code to implement solutions.
· Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
· Codes independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews. Designs, prepares and executes Unit tests. Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (Java, SQL, XML). Performs solution design. Applies the company and 3rd party technologies to highly complex infrastructure and software solutions. Independently implements end-user or enterprise infrastructure of moderate complexity or services prepared by more senior technologist for more complex solutions.
· Debug and analyze existing code and solutions for production support and reverse engineering purposes.
· Provide technical support and guidance for any production outages and issues.
· Business operations in all 3 major geographies - APJ, EMEA and AMS
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· 6 or more years of experience writing code (Java, XML, SqlServer).
· Experience of one or more full release cycles. Basic understanding of modern software development methodologies (Object).
· Basic understanding of modern software development tools and SCM (software configuration management).
· Basic understanding of Software Test methodologies, test scripting and testing tools.
· Understanding of Basic Database Administration.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.