IT Network Engineer
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us .
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs
We are looking for a Network Engineer that is motivated to learn new things, flexible, excited to work in a Hands On environment, enjoys taking on new projects and solve problems. A successful candidate for this role will have strong organization skills to complement their technical skills.
You would be responsible for helping to maintain and expand Aruba's internal network infrastructure.
You will work with other Network Engineers to contribute in the designing, implementation, and maintenance of Aruba's global network infrastructure.
* 3-5 years experience in a networking engineering role
* Strong understanding of networking concepts: IPv4 and IPv6 Subnetting, Switching/Layer 2, Wireless LAN technologies, and Firewalls
* Experience with Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, Ether Channel, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q, .1X
* Some Experience with firewalls (PAN and Juniper preferred)
* Experience performing configuration and troubleshooting of routing/switching hardware (Arista/HPE) preferred.
* Knowledge of data center design and best practices
* Ability to analyze network packet traces using Wireshark
* Project management, time management, and organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Documentation skills including the Visio drawing application
* Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for planned changes and on-call support
* Occasional Travel
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Education and certifications:
· Bachelors 'in engineering discipline
· CCNA (required) CCNP (desired)
Benefits you’ll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE#HewlettPackardEnterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.