IT Engineer, Liferay
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
The role of IT Engineer- Liferay is to design, develop, integrate and support Liferay, the platform for Partner portal with other applications in HPE eco system.
The IT Engineer, Liferay is responsible for the full systems development lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of software architecture solutions including operations and support. The individual will be involved in the life cycle management and development for all Liferay components and portlets. Working closely with the Enterprise/Solution Architect and other functional application developers the individual performs identification, analysis, evaluation and implementation of Liferay Portal Solutions including operations and support.
· Build new capabilities on the Liferay platform.
· Manage all aspects of platform health.
· Resolve issues on the platform including support tickets and defects identified by users in the platform and associated integrations with external systems.
· Participate in technical and technology architectural assessments of portals.
· Work with fellow application developers, users, and other functional teams in both new capability development of Liferay and operational issues.
· Minimum 2 - 4 years of technical experience.
· Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) experience .
· 2 years’ experience architecting and implementing the Liferay Portal and developing portlets.
· Deep Liferay experience around planning, configuration, clustering and tuning
· Liferay certification would be a plus.
· Extensive knowledge of Java & J2EE Technologies (Servlets, JSP, EJBs), integration techniques (JDBC, Web Services, JMS, etc.) and Web technologies (HTML, CSS and JAVA SCRIPT).
· Experience in teams with a blend of onshore/offsite development
· Experience with modern full stack development frameworks such as Angular, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, etc.
· Extensive exposure on portal security configurations & SAML integrations.
· Experience in data warehousing and data modeling
· Ability to perform data analysis and data quality checks.
· Successful teamwork experience & demonstrated leadership abilities
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.