Description de l'offre
Job ID 1024527 Date posted 10/31/2018 Primary Location , South Africa Other location ,,South Africa Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (South Africa)
In March 2018, Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, acquired Cape, a local startup with a big vision: to improve the way the Internet works. As Cape we built a small team of skilled engineers and designers in Cape Town and a Wi-Fi monitoring product which won us Best Startup of 2017 from Wi-Fi NOW, a global industry body. Now, as part of Aruba, we are growing our team, building new products, and scaling our systems to meet a 1 OOX surge in demand during the next 18-24 months.
What do we do? Our product gives IT managers insight into how their Wi-Fi, networks, and apps are performing 24/7 and how to fix any issues before users complain. Other monitoring tools are complex and intimidating, built by network engineers for network engineers; ours is beautiful and simple, and our customers love it. Our hardware agent is a delight to install and our software is easy and fun to use. Our product is used in offices, hotels, airports, stadiums, retail stores, and more-every business with Wi-Fi is a potential customer we can help.
We design our own hardware and manufacture in Cape Town. Our backend and frontend systems and software are built entirely in-house using Python, React, Java, lnfluxDB and AWS Kinesis among other technologies. We are expanding our offering to the mobile space.
Are you a Swift or Objective-C guru? Do you know the intricacies of iOS inside and out? We are looking for a self-driven, highly motivated individual to head our mobile development team.
We're looking for someone who:
· Has excellent knowledge and experience in developing for iOS
· Is proficient with Swift (preferable) and Cocoa Touch
· Has experience with offline storage and threading
· Is familiar with RESTful APls to connect to backend systems
· Is experienced with source control systems (git/GitHub)
· Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
· Knowledge of networking or network performance testing will be a huge bonus
· Experience building developer tools
What you will be doing
To start with, you will be building our network performance assurance SDK to be used by third parties in their apps. This SDK will run network performance and other related tests and feed this data to our backend systems. You will also be developing the first consumer of this SDK in the form of an iOS app which will analyse Wi-Fi environments and display metrics to the user.
What we are offering
· Excitement and growth of a startup with the resources and security of a Fortune 100 company
· Full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Great benefits
· Exposure to latest & greatest technologies
· Opportunity to help shape the product
· Growth and global scope Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.