Intermediate Software Engineer - Cloud Deployment
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Intermediate Software Engineer- Cloud to join us!
HPE is redefining traditional IT hardware into a composable, software-defined infrastructure that mimics the speed and control of cloud platforms for bringing resources online to develop and run production applications. The foundation of this software-defined infrastructure will be delivered in the cloud and run as-a-Service, which requires a fundamental change in how it is designed, coded, and operated. We are currently in the process of defining and building a Greenfield suite of cloud-based products to take advantage of cloud-native technologies for delivering applications and solutions to our customers, and we’re looking for people with those skills to join us in this effort. If you have a track record in and a passion for cloud software engineering, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
*Open to REMOTE work, not just specific listed locations
How you’ll make your mark:
· You will be building a new set of Python and Golang based microservices, running on Kubernetes, hosted in the public cloud.
· You will design, build, and support (in DevOps fashion) large scale, multitenant software platforms, ideally through a well-supported API.
· You will have experience with Kubernetes, containers, and micro-services in a production environment.
· You will develop code that utilizes cloud-based services such as RDS, S3, Redis, etc.
· You will have experience with a modern, full-stack CI toolchain on a public cloud provider.
· You have good understanding of container orchestration (Kubernetes).
· You have experience deploying software into Kubernetes clusters with tools such as Helm - desirable.
· You have an understanding of deployment and release models for cloud based software.
· You have a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering or equivalent job-related experience.
· You have a desire to move quickly and ship code; and have an understanding of how to build modern cloud-native applications.
· You have great verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across remote teams and global organizations.
· You have the motivation and ability to work self-directed on broad problem areas.
· You have outstanding problem-solving skills.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.