Infrastructure Automation Integrator
At HPE we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. We see a future for our customers that will be edge-centric, cloud-enabled and data-driven. To help lead HPE into this future, the Enterprise Solutions and Performance (ESP) solution team is looking for an experienced software and system engineer to drive integration and development of Infrastructure systems and deployment automation tools.
As an infrastructure based system and software engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and debugging complex integrated systems and related software tools to ensure a high quality integrated platform which our customers can run their virtualized and/or containerized applications without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. You will also be responsible for automating the deployment of servers, storage and networking, lifecycle and management tools for each solution. The role is multi-disciplinary, requiring a strong system and development background as well the ability to work directly with team members around the globe. The candidate will need systems expertise and experience with multiple HPE server, storage and networking technologies, expertise and experience with Python, Java, and scripting environments such as PowerShell.
Sounds like you? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for an Infrastructure Automation Integrator to join us! In this amazing role, you will design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for software enhancements and new products. You will develop software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. You will determine hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. If you have a track record of Infrastructure Automation, want to be part of a business area that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
In a typical day as a Software Engineer, you would:
· Drives integration of infrastructure modules and automation of integration testing
· Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including Infrastructure components - Compute, Storage, Networking
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
· Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
If you are…
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically 2-4 years experience.
· OS - Linux;
· Python, JAVA programming
· Integration Test case automation
· Hands-on Compute, storage, networking skills
· Using software systems design tools and languages.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
· Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.