Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
· Develops organization-wide architectures and methodologies for software systems design and development across multiple platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit.
· Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
· Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience designing and developing software systems design tools and languages.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
· Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
· Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· History of innovation with multiple patents or deployed solutions in the field of software design.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
· Skilled in developing micro-services for SaaS offerings
· Architecting, implementing
· Monitoring, supporting, DevOps
· Experience in developing for public cloud (familiar with AWS, Azure interfaces)
· Experience with Kubernetes
· Experience in Go/Python language
· Experience in Machine Learning
· Experience with CI/CD and DevOps (concepts should transfer even if different tool chain)
· They’ll be using services such as email, in-app message, workflow engines, etc.
· Ideally they would have done development on some similar solutions (some SaaS with customer and admin interfaces, communicating with back-end systems)
· Teams have autonomy on the development languages and tools (guessing mostly Go, familiarity with chosen monitoring tools could help, but concepts should transfer)
· Adroit in working with across organizational and geographical boundaries
· You know the challenges of India – US
· They will have to interface with various HPE back-end systems for ordering, billing, Global Trade, etc.
· The NGIT / EaaS is a moving target, so I don’t know specifics of those APIs
· Any experience with middleware for enterprise/legacy system integration a plus
· BE/B.Tech or equivalent with 10-18 years of relevant experience in the above areas
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.