Government Inside Account Executive
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress.
In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
In this role you will:
· Control your destiny as a discrete quota carrying sales individual owning a SLED (State & Local and Education) account set – Own your own territory!
· Manage your account base and take lead with customer(s) for all sales motions involving the HPE sales ecosystem
· Primary contact for channel partners and/or end customers within your territory
· Be the “go to expert” on the sales environment for the state(s) you cover including identifying key channel partners, understanding government acquisition contracts, quickly recognizing customer purchasing trends and strategically pooling all this knowledge into a well-articulated account plan
Role & Responsibilities:
· Work to exceed all revenue targets within account base for Compute, Storage and Services
· Accomplish all key performance metrics supporting the attainment of revenue numbers
· Accurately forecast deals within territory via demonstration of BANT excellence and effective management of all relationships in the sales ecosystem – HPE sales associates, Channel Partners and Customers
· Develop and action a strategic account plan that demonstrates a knowledge of your territory’s verticals and critical public sector contract holding channel partner engagement focused on acquiring margin rich mid-Tier SLED customers
· Conduct virtual meetings with SLED customers to solve their biggest technology needs
· Generates, qualifies and reviews new leads to drive sales opportunities to closure working with extended team to ensure a smooth sales transaction
· Be a student of technology, your territory, public sector buying and economic trends
· Contribute tangibly to your team via growing your skills every day and contributing positively to the SLED team culture
Education and Experience Preferred:
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent in any field (preferably Business, Psychology, Political Science)
· 1-2 years relevant sales experience in similar role or partnered with a field resource preferred
· Proficient account management, retention and development skills
· Understanding of company's portfolios of products and services
· Proficient knowledge of IT and/or industry solutions, products and services to solve business challenges
· Proficient communication and negotiation skills
· Able to collaborate within a team and may lead a sub-team
· Proficient knowledge in a Customer Relationship Management system or Salesforce system which allows businesses to manage business relationships and the data and information associated with them.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.