Global IT Enterprise Application Hosting Architect
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leads the overarching design and architecture of production and non-production of specific IT Application environments (staging, QA and development) to ensure that capacity and performance meets existing and future requirements.
· Acts as the primary interface with the business and application leadership to architect and strategize on infrastructure solutions and services to meet the needs and requirements
· Align architectural strategy with business objectives, deliver designs that meet business requirements, are on time, and within budget
· Analyse business and technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and related cost for each project request
· Assist with the implementation and hosting of complex IT application projects from planning, design, implementation and migration strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability of platforms
· Analyse business and technical requirements to determine optimal high-availability and business continuity design.
· Works closely across Infrastructure architecture teams (Network, Server/Storage, etc) to drive application requirements
· Ensure availability and optimal performance management specific to application needs are identified, designed, and incorporated into implementation plan.
· Provide leadership and direction to development teams of employees, contractors and vendors on complex, cross-functional issues that cross technologies in server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, cloud, security applications/service proxy, operations, content switching, SAP Basis, Big Data platforms, content delivery networks and security
· Insure applications adhere to Identity and Access Management standards
· Insure alignment for code automation and orchestration, including tools scripts, processes and standards to enable a low-touch/no-ops environment model across multiple data centers as required
· Drive application specific business continuity design and procedures, including quarterly test plan to ensure business continuity targets can bet met
· Develop and maintain high-level IT application topology & placement documentation for deployed IT applications, and oversee technical design documentation process for correctness and timeliness.
· Develop and operationalise a demand management and infrastructure consulting engagement model with the business and application teams to provide consulting on application hosting
· Provide technical expertise, and serve as an escalation resource for all technical needs.
· Evaluate emerging application technology and tools and drive the development of business cases for their use.
· Contribute to and maintain application hosting standards.
· Research and recommend possible automated approaches for administration tasks.
· Provide platform design, definition and coordination of technical standards, application hosting and cloud related platforms.
· Lead architecture reviews and peer reviews to document and publish standards, policies, design sign-off, and guidelines for HW, on-prem vs cloud hosting, and high availability and disaster recovery designs
· Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
· 10 years of experience with broad and deep technical knowledge of infrastructure hosting options, virtual design, active-active, active-passive, cross DC implementation, and ongoing operations for global scale organizations
· Knowledge and experience with Azure, and cloud management, monitoring, and security.
· Previous experience with multi-site, global datacentre rollouts, transformations and migrations.
· Experience implementing multi-tier application provisioning in cloud technology stacks, integrating with Chef/Puppet/Ansible, a plus
· Experience in best practices of SDLC methodologies like Agile, Scrum, waterfall and Devops/Cloud processes
· Knowledge of Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (DevOps) models
· Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, backup, monitoring, and encryption) to deliver end to end Cloud and Infrastructure architectures and designs.
· Experience and working knowledge of with Framework applications such as nginx+, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, Spark, Cassandra, Node.js, Jenkins, Elastic Stack
· Previous experience with CI/CD deployment processes via GIT (source code management), Jenkins (automation services) and HashiCorp Vault (secrets management)
· A self-starter with a strong interest in technology and its practical application along with the ability to deal with a fast-paced environment and ambiguity.
· Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology.
· Strong team building, leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions in project and ongoing support situations.
· Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional and global projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
· Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at both local and regional level.
· Makes consistent and ongoing high quality contributions (at least 4 per year) to the company knowledge systems that are recognized by the Architect profession to represent best practice.
· Makes formal recommendations to improve the level of job satisfaction for other company employees working on the project.
· Can significantly contribute in the development of new company services and modifications to the methodology.
· Leads in development and delivery of training.
· Coaches and mentors Expert and Specialist level architects within the Architect profession .
· Leads in the definition of the company unit's processes, standards, and policies .
· Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills.
· Ability to strategically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
· Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply critical organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
· Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image.
· Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
· Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's Executive level management.
· Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including Executive level management.
· Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates mostly strategic information and some Tactical information.
· Has Excellent speaking and writing skills with proven capability to represent the company at external customer and industry events.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.