Global IT Data Analyst/Developer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE Global IT is a dynamic organization enabling the enterprise to innovate and lead the industry with our consumption-based IT transformation and our consulting, financial, educational, and operational services. Join us and revolutionize how we help customers simplify their operations and move the world forward.
In this role, you will work within the IT function to provide leaders with critical data insights. Specifically, you will collaborate with program and functional leaders to create meaningful reports and dashboards using one or many data sources. This role requires an end-to-end, solution-oriented approach. Working with the requestor(s), you will help define the reporting objectives, analyze the data, create visualizations, and deploy/maintain your reports. You will be expected to work with all levels of the organization, including executive leaders, which requires both technical and business acumen. The ideal candidate will have experience with diverse reporting tools and will have the ability to utilize data to build advanced visualizations and reporting dashboards using Power BI.
· Primary responsibility of this role: provide data insights and visualizations using Power BI which includes:
· Preparing, modeling, and visualizing the data
· Collaborating with stakeholders from initial draft through final delivery
· Deploying and maintaining deliverables
· Based on appropriate analysis, provide business analytics to enable continuous successful program execution for Global IT leaders and other stakeholders.
· Research and evaluate opportunities to apply common methods and frameworks across analytic projects to allow for reuse of modeling and more efficient solutions.
· Leverage Microsoft Power Platform tools (i.e. Power Automate, Power Apps, etc.) to develop complete solutions
· Communicate progress, escalations, and issues to manager and/or stakeholders as appropriate.
· Contribute as a member of the HPE’s Power BI Governance Team to develop platform strategies and ensure optimal performance.
· Support Power BI as a member of the internal Power BI Admin Team.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
· Experience using Power BI
· Experience using SQL to profile and analyze data
· Programming experience using the major programming languages (Java/Python/Perl/C++ etc.)
· Experience collaborating with other BI developers to understand and evaluate reporting requirements
· Understanding of systems analysis and design (i.e. SDLC)
· Ability to analyze complex requests with minimal supervision, strong problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to manage and influence stakeholders
· Good time management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent deliverables
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience developing and analyzing BI dashboards in Power BI
· Proficiency with all aspects of data management – retrieval through specialized APIs, transformation, loading between systems, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective interpersonal skills; ability to work with virtual teams
· Ability to interface with all levels of the company and with functional disciplines
· Ability to prioritize and execute independently
· Experience in working with and managing contractors and system integration partners
· Ability to support request execution from initial stakeholder contact through deploying/maintaining deliverable
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.