Global IA and ERM Communications Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, focused and dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act. If solving the world’s biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
In this position you will part of a dynamic function within the Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, and CAS Compliance organization. This position requires a dynamic individual with a unique skillset including the ability to think strategically to deliver creative communications and presentation expertise. The right individual will bring a knowledge of communication standards and best practices, self-initiative, attention to detail, and an ability to successfully manage delivery and execution of multiple competing priorities.
The position supports the growing list of communication needs and events across a large global team. It also involves the review and editing processes of audit reports delivered to senior executives across the company, where presentation, punctuation, and the art of communicating the complex simply are paramount in successful delivery. Further elevating the connection to relevant information for the organization as employees work across multiple time zones and geographies is key, as the workforce has become more distributed and decentralized due to workplace changes accelerated by the pandemic.
Successful candidates will exercise independent judgment, leverage existing guidance, and work cross functionally to execute the right actions. The candidate will follow established guidelines and interpret HPE, Internal Audit, and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) policies in making decisions related to report delivery, executive communications, and audit committee preparation activities, to make recommendations in delivering the final product. The following are some, but not all, of the responsibilities of the position:
· Manage and multi-task audit reporting activities, often under tight deadlines, with strong attention to detail regarding report structure, word selection, complexity of concepts and phrasing, to ensure readability and professionalism in delivery.
· Understand, support, and develop the communications of various internal audiences, requiring strategizing the intended message, understanding the audience, and draft, edit, or deliver strategic messaging.
· Support the execution of existing measurement processes of employee communications programs, content and/or vehicles (e.g., internal websites and SharePoint sites) established to continuously tune, enhance, or elevate established processes with improved maturity.
· Assist, participate, and deliver executive level communications and presentation support as requested from the Chief of Staff or Communications Expert. Presentation support may range from development of Global All Team meetings, presentations, training slides, or assisting the Communications Expert in Run of Show activities for Chief Audit Executive (CAE) events.
· Assist the Chief of Staff and Communications Expert in preparation for Audit Committee and Executive Board reporting events through maintenance of critical activity calendar, submission deadlines, and pre-read material development as requested by the Communications Expert.
· Assist in creating and disseminating material to promote community and team engagement via Yammer, social contests, Zoom meetings and events.
· Establish and maintain relationships with Audit and ERM team Managers and Staff to build relationships and further the support of the Communications function across the organization.
The position does not require auditing experience or skills , however you will learn and be able to expand your knowledge of an internal audit operations function, audit report development, and audit committee reporting that are relevant to further roles and growth. If you are ready for a challenge in a growing technology company that has a rich historical foundation, then you must apply now.
Education and Experience
· BA or BS in Communications or Business Administration (with excellent written and spoken English skills)
· 3 - 5 years of experience in communications and departmental centralized support
Knowledge and Skills
· Solid writing and editing skills related to US English standards
· Very strong attention to detail, in proof reading, editing, and final presentation reviews
· Strong listening and interpersonal skills
· Organization and program management
· Ability to link communications plans and activities to business results
· Solid knowledge and understanding of employee communications methodologies, tools and solutions
· Advanced skills in MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required
· Basic Adobe Creative Suite experience desired (Photoshop, InDesign)
· Basic SharePoint skills and/or SharePoint content editing skills
· Ability to track and maintain progress on multiple items effectively
· Ability to work on teams’ collaborative and advanced solutions as an individual contributor
· Strong research and analytical skills
· Basic financial and business acumen
· Intermediate project management skills
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and shared values/ purpose, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexibility/ work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.