Global Cyber Security Engineer
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Participates as a member of the Global Cyber Security engineering team to implement tools both internally as well as SaaS and on private/public cloud infrastructure.
· Work with architecture group to implement designs into implemented solutions.
· Support larger GCS initiatives, policies and compliance requirements.
· Provide IT security-related consulting, guidance, and support to customers and stakeholders.
· Able to build collaborative relationships and work effectively with peers, management, internal users, and vendors.
· Stay abreast with emerging IT and cyber security technologies as well as their impact on the security landscape.
· Flexibility to meet coworkers in EMEA and US time zones Monday-Thursday when needed.
· Coach, mentor and develop team members.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Solid understanding of security functions in common IT infrastructures such as Windows, Linux, Authentication protocols, Private/Public cloud services, and SaaS.
· Understanding of security fundamentals and general security technologies, including network security (firewalls, VPNs, IPSec, IDS/IPS), physical security, cyber forensics, cryptography, authentication, identity management, IT communication ports and protocols, etc.
· This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills in English language.
· Excellent time management and coordination skills to plan and organize overall project success.
· Strong organization, prioritization, and rationalization skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Good decision-making abilities
· Ability to build relationships, engage and influence others and work with diverse teams.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Experience in enterprise-scale IT system implementations.
· Experience in vendor technical relationship management.
· At least two years of related experience in information security and/or IT infrastructure field (work, internships, research, projects, etc.)
· CISSP, CISM, CCSK or other certifications a plus.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.