Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company and global leader in networking products and services, acquired local startup Cape Networks in 2018. As Cape Networks we had a big vision: to improve the way the Internet works for everyone. We built a small team of skilled engineers and designers in Cape Town and a product that won us Best Startup of the year from Wi-Fi NOW.
Today, our product is the fastest growing in the Aruba portfolio and our Cape Town-based team is recognized as being at the leading edge of design thinking and execution.
What do we do?
Our product gives IT managers insight into how their users are experiencing Wi-Fi, network, and application performance, and helps them fix problems before users complain. Other performance tools are complex and intimidating, built by network engineers for network engineers; ours is beautiful and simple, and our customers love it. Our sensor hardware is a delight to install and our software is easy and fun to use. Our product is used in offices, universities, banks, hotels, airports, stadiums, retail stores, and more - every business with Wi-Fi is a potential customer that we can help.
We design all our own hardware and software in Cape Town. Our software systems are built entirely in-house using Python, React, lnfluxDB, and AWS Kinesis and other technologies. We are truly a full-stack company, with a great set of technical challenges to work on.
Are you a problem solver, quick study, and hooked on web development? We're looking for passionate developers who care about design, performance, and creating outstanding user experiences, and who are eager to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and collaborative environment.
How you’ll make your mark
· You'll be working with a skilled team of bright, motivated developers building outstanding web apps to be proud of.
· Using technologies like React & Redux to develop state of the art dashboards that will help IT teams at companies of all sizes monitor and troubleshoot their wireless networks and applications.
· Lead projects & be responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
· Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
· Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
If you are
· Extensively experienced with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
· Experienced in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
· Able to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
· Experienced in designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
· Knowledgeable on current web frameworks and libraries
· Knowledgeable and experienced with data flow in frontend & backend systems
· Experience with React (or other frontend SPA frameworks/libraries/concepts)
· Proficiency in Python
· Strong sense of interaction and visual design
· Experience with front-end build tools
· Good understanding of git or other version control software
· A passion for testing and creating stable software
· Knowledge of DevOps and deployment tools
· Proficiency with Linux and the command line
· Experience in developing apps on iOS, Android, or hybrid
What we can offer you
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and shared values/ purpose, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexibility/ work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.