Firmware Developer : iLO development
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies firmware (e.g., DSP, embedded code, BIOS). Work often involves analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems. Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design. Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high-level languages (e.g., C, C++).
· Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications and BIOS/UEFI
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
· Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
· Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Using firmware design tools and languages.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· General understanding of firmware and hardware design, including interactions and integrations of firmware with hardware
· Firmware testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.