Seeking Firmware Developer to work on HPE iLO (Integrated Lights Out) Embedded server Manageability firmware development. HPE Integrated Lights Out Management is a flagship product in server industry leading embedded server manager for decades. Its one of the most profitable HPE product raking millions through its licensing revenue. iLO supports the complete lifecycle of all HPE ProLiant servers, from initial deployment to ongoing management and service alerting. As part of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Servers group, this team is responsible for designing and developing iLO manageability firmware.
• Development, Enhancement of new features for iLO Manageability Firmware.
• Work to resolve quality issues in the product releases as well as act as a consultant to the Team for defect triage and fixes.
• Debug to quickly root cause and respond to issues reported by customers and partners.
* Actively participate in document/code reviews
• Stay up to date on relevant emerging technologies in the industry, develop a point of view.
• Actively participate and contribute in Industry standard bodies like DMTF, IEEE, Open Compute forum that are relevant to the product.
Skills - Must have
• Strong understanding of the Server manageability domain in-specific and Server Industry in-General.
• Good working experience on RTOS (Greenhill’s Integrity, Embedded Linux, OpenBMC, VxWorks etc.,)
• Strong programming experience in C and C++.
• Good working knowledge in embedded systems, firmware and remote server manageability (BMC) technologies (I2C, SMBUS, CAN, IPMI, PCIe, SPI, USB, Virtual NIC, SNMP, Redfish, FPGA, GPUs, PLDM, MCTP, LLDP, RDE etc.,).
* Good understanding, knowledge and working experience of implementing DMTF standards(PMCI, PLDM, RDE)
• Experience with multi OS Linux/Windows
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to self-learn
• Growing knowledge and expertise with the development of new leading edge technologies
• Strong knowledge of low level computer Architecture
• Strong understanding of hardware and software interactions
• Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
Education and Experience
• Bachelor/Master of Engineering in Computer science/Electronics or similar
• 3-6 years of relevant industry experience in an enterprise Hardware/Software organization
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.