This role has been designated as ‘Office’, which means you will primarily work from an HPE office.
Job Title: Financial Associate
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Who We Are:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
In the Finance and Corporate Strategy team we ensure that the business’s capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused. This is how we work to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. By gathering and analysing financial data we can influence decisions within the business, drive initiatives, and help ensure alignment with our wider objectives.
Job Family Definition:
Partners with the businesses to ensure that the capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. Gathers financial data and performs financial analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives (e.g., Mergers & Acquisitions). Drives the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Communicates and drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization's financial goals and policies. Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally. Ensures strong business controls.
Management Level Definition:
Uses ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of new concepts/techniques and to complete assignments/tasks in innovative and effective ways. Expert knowledge on the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are highly complex in nature where a strong degree of initiative and technical knowledge are required to resolve problems. Work is completed independently and has ability to handle most unique situations. Frequently determines methods and procedures for new assignments. May supervise the activities of other non-exempt employees.
· Provides moderately complex financial analysis that is either transactional or analytical for the financial function related to HPE Green lake business
· Multinational deals (Global) / central invoicing
· Involvement in Non-standard & complex deals
· Establishes and maintains relationships with business contacts to actively ensure financial analysis needs are met.-
· Sales Ops/ Business Finance/ GSAO/ HPEFS/ Delivery or/and across GEO’s for Global Deals
· Legal / finance review or SOAR review
· Handles multiple Change requests/ very high complex volumes
· Provides analytics to business initiatives.
· Supports /contributes into revenue forecasting variances working with service managers
· Develops a deeper understanding of the company's financial processes and a detailed knowledge of the business.
· Owns and executes accounting processes within area of expertise.
· Performs complex analysis of transactional accounting information to support decision making.
· Typically the first escalation point of contact for complex systems or policy issues related to area of expertise.
· Supports the implementation of new corporate-wide accounting processes and systems.
· Proactively identifies opportunities for improvements and makes recommendations.
· Implements and assures effective business controls through review, analysis, and verification.
· Assists in training and mentoring of department team.
· Supports the development, implementation, maintenance, and communication procedures to ensure compliance with accounting policies.
Education and Experience Required:
· Accounting degree must.
· Typically 6+ years of work experience.
· Typically 2+ years experience in an accounting environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Strong computation skills.
· Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, SAP).
· Fluency in English.
· Excellent understanding of accounting processes.
· Excellent database skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong project management skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories. .