Field Data Center Technical Support Technician – Federal Accounts
Are you looking for a hands-on technical gig? What if it could be with one of the most impactful technology companies in the world?
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, focused and dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
If solving the world’s biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
About the Field Data Center Technical Support Technician – Federal Accounts
HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for an opportunity as a Field Data Center Technical Support Technician for some of HPE’s larger Federal clients in the San Antonio, TX area.
In this role, you’ll provide onsite support to our Federal clients in the Ft Meade, Md. area. No relocation assistance available.
In this full-time position, you will use your background in field technical support or technical customer service, as well as your technical knowledge and training, to manage a strategic client relationship in this area. Based on the clients’ needs, the support services you will provide include reactive break/fix support and installations in server, networking, and storage environments.
This position requires a current active TS-SCI clearance, and will require a US Government background check and fingerprinting for site access badges. As a result, US citizenship is required.
In this position, you will:
· be based in the Ft Meade, Md. area
· likely have a work schedule including hours of 7 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday, and will occasionally include working weekends and holidays
· very likely participate in regular after-hours, weekend, and holiday on-call coverage on a rotation basis
· on a regular basis, routinely lift and carry 50+ pounds
· likely have a company car
As the Field Data Center Technical Support Technician, you will:
· maintain high-level customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met
· work with a wide range of enterprise technologies, primarily including Proliant servers and a variety of storage technologies
· provide customers with an overview of installation activities, site-specific information, and access to appropriate contacts
· respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions
· handle customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, providing guidance and escalating issues according to established procedures
· act creatively to resolve complex customer issues
· provide post-sales or service delivery support
· deliver services, including customized services, to large, complex Federal enterprise accounts
· use proactive monitoring procedures/tools to identify problem prevention opportunities
· schedule and participate in on-site account support meetings, both internal and external
· demonstrate consistent, acceptable performance of all business fundamentals
· perform other duties as needed or assigned
You’ll have the opportunity to work on the products we deliver and support, while gaining experience as a Field Data Center Technical Support Technician, which can lead to future careers within HPE.
HPE Pointnext: exceptional people supporting business technology in action. Pointnext is made up of talented professionals who bring the technical insight, process excellence, and resource flexibility to help customers drive business outcomes through optimization of their data centers and other technology operations. At Pointnext, we know relationships and people matter--and our people and our services create a powerhouse solution designed to solve our customers' most challenging IT problems.
At HPE, people are our strategic advantage. People with the right mindset, coupled with the right talent, education and experience, will be instrumental to HPE maintaining and extending its prominence in the global IT market.
Talent, education and experience will only take us so far. Having the “right mindset” means being:
· Adaptable — Takes in stride and constantly attunes to the changing needs of a highly dynamic business.
· Curious — Our key contributors are always seeking to grow their knowledge, to gain new perspectives, and to find better ways forward.
· Tenacious — Our business—our industry—demands self-starters who will takes ownership of projects and bring them to completion despite difficulties or setbacks.
Sound like a place where you can make an impact? If so, please let us hear from you by applying today!
This role includes routinely lifting and carrying 50+ pounds, so the physical strength, balance, and dexterity to enable that ability is required.
Position includes work hours likely to be 7 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday, and will occasionally include working evenings, weekends and holidays, so the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule are required.
You will be required to go through a US Government background check and fingerprinting for a site access badge, so the willingness and ability to successfully complete that process are required.
This position will require a Federal Top Secret-SCI clearance. As a result, US citizenship is required.
Education and Experience Required
· Vocational degree (technical field preferred) or High School diploma (or equivalent), and
· 6+ years’ work experience in enterprise server / storage / networking field technical support
· Associate’s or higher level degree (technical field preferred), and
· 4+ years’ work experience in enterprise server / storage / networking field technical support
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Comprehensive business, technical, or functional knowledge
· Ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, peers and support partners
· Strong understanding of technical IT support knowledge, as well as basic project management skills and communication and analytical problem-solving skills
· Ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, peers and support partners
· Ability to perform well in high-pressure situations
· Ability to work independently and be self-disciplined
· Ability to learn and comply with organization and policies
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Baseline proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, to include Outlook, Excel, and Word
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
If you are seeing this job posting somewhere other than the HPE Careers website, you may apply by following these instructions:
1. Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
2. Sign in, or create and confirm an account
3. Click “Search Jobs”, then enter job number - 1040767
4. Complete full application process
About HPE Pointnext
HPE Pointnext is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE Enterprise Group is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world’s largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of EG, Pointnext provides world-class support and consulting services for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and solutions.
With over 6000 consultants and project managers in 110 countries, Pointnext assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecom, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, and integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments.
About HPE Pointnext Global Field Delivery
HPE Pointnext Global Field Delivery works hand-in-hand with the largest commercial and public sector customers globally to effectively manage their IT needs across their businesses, and around the world. Delivering the operational stability, cost reductions, flexibility, resiliency and scalability enterprise customers demand, Pointnext has been recognized for its leadership in enabling these customers to create new growth strategies and revenue opportunities, while maximizing their IT investments and increasing their business agility.
The complexity of technology deployment, management, and support is creating demand for evolved technology support service offerings that meet performance, cost, availability, reliability, security, and scalability demands. The appetite for Pointnext Support is expanding rapidly as enterprises of all stripes realize they can't “do it all'.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we’ve created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies “business as usual”. In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
HPE is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.