Digital Sales Account Manager - Public Sector
This role has been designated as ‘Office’, which means you will primarily work from an HPE office.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
We are seeking a Digital Sales Account Manager . The Digital Sales Account Manager manages virtually (by phone, electronically or social media) a set of assigned or acquired accounts. Builds, maintains, and forecasts sales pipeline, creates and develops account plans. Works closely with company outside sales, channel partners and/or end customers to move sales opportunities to closure. May generate and qualify leads to create new sales opportunities. Sets and executes sales strategy for assigned portion of account, territory or industry vertical.
· Sells moderately complex solutions, products and services for a portion or set of assigned accounts based on defined account strategies and plans; may partner with field sales or sell independently
· Creates account plan for a portion or a set of assigned accounts that are of medium to high complexity
· Generates, qualifies and reviews new leads to drive sales opportunities to closure; may work with partners/ outside sales to ensure a smooth sales transaction
· Understands client requirements and competitively positions company solutions to meet the needs to drive retention strategy
· Builds targeted sales pipeline and forecasts data driven sales activities
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent in any field (preferably IT/ Sales )
· 3-5 years of sales experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Proficient account management, acquisition, retention and development skills
· Proficient understanding of company's portfolios of products and services
· Proficient knowledge of IT and/or industry solutions, products and services to solve business challenges
· Proficient communication and negotiation skills
· Able to collaborate within a team and may lead a sub-team
· Depending on role, may require hunter approach or strategic "farmer or relationship selling approach.
· Proficient knowledge in a Customer Relationship Management system or Salesforce system which allows businesses to manage business relationships and the data and information associated with them.
#UnitedStates #WeAreHPE #HPEcareers #HPEhiring #Diversity #Inclusion #Happiness #Culture #Sales #InsideSales
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories. .