Cloud Software Engineer
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us .
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role Are
· Minimum Expected industry experience is around 1-2 years.
· Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
· Experience in implementing cloud applications a plus
· Proven record of developing and releasing cloud applications in production environment.
· Programming proficiency in Object Oriented JVM based programming languages (Java or Scala)
· Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts, including:
· Common data structures,
· Standard algorithms,
· Object-oriented design,
· Distributed computing and
· Cloud computing paradigms.
· Knowledge of RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL (Cassendra, ElasticSearch, Kairos DB, etc.)
· Knowledge of Cloud Platform - CoreOS, Kubernetes and Docker containers.
· Experience in designing cloud applications using distributed cache and experience of using Redis, Hazelcast and similar products.
· Experience with messaging systems like RabbitMQ and distributed streaming platforms like Kafka.
· Ability to deploy various techniques to ‘scale’ an application in a cloud environment.
· Day-to-day working knowledge of contemporary source code development tools and techniques (e.g. GIT, Maven, Eclipse, Node Package Manager, Gulp, Grunt)
· Demonstrated abilities to work with QA and Remote Teams.
· Experience in working with Agile Methodology.
Experience in any of the following will be considered a plus
· Good understanding of Networking Technologies, various networking protocols, L2, L3 and SDN concepts.
· Ability to contribute to multiple ‘technical programs’ simultaneously.
· Helping build a team, mentor junior engineers and collaborate with other teams for developing new technologies.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.