Cloud Software Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the "Intelligent Edge" Aruba is creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces - leading next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform businesses with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity. We help some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
What You'll Do
Aruba Cloud Platform is an internally developed innovative cloud-stack that powers Aruba Central, our cloud solution to monitor, manage and run services for wired and wireless networks. Using various emerging distributed and cloud computing technologies, this platform brings the benefits of the cloud to wired and wireless networks, delivering easy-to-manage networking solutions that enable customers to reduce operational cost. You will join this revolution!
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Cloud software developer to join our development team. The team is developing the platform and numerous applications that run on it to deliver cutting-edge campus and branch networking, from the cloud. This position provides the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to contribute to architecting and building the platform and applications on a top distributed backend. Be part of a fast-paced development team and learn how to build solutions that make a difference.
· Very strong background implementing SaaS and distributed systems
· Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services in Python, Java or Go environment
· Few years with distributed systems in a production environment
· Practical experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
· Knowledge of JS frontend development (any of Angular JS, Jquery, Node.js) is considered advantageous, especially when applying for a frontend developer position
· Thorough knowledge and experience of frameworks like Vext.x, Netty, Flask, FastAPI and transport protocols like WebSockets, gRPC etc.
Our Minimum Requirements For This Role Are
· Relevant industry experience of 5 or more years.
· Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
· Proven record of Python/Java/Go programming, contributing to released software.
· Solid grasp of computer science concepts including data structures, object-oriented design, distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms.
· Ability to think and operate as a team player
Our Desired Skills Are
· Day-to-day working knowledge of contemporary source code development tools and techniques
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, including with remote teams.
· Ability to learn complex technology quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
· Must be able to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
Tech we use
· Backend: Python, Java or Go
· Frontend: Angular, React
· Data: Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Postgres, Cassandra and Hazelcast
· Infrastructure: Docker and Kubernetes, AWS, Azure and bare-metal
· Metrics and logs: New relic, Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, Humio, Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana and Prometheus
· Continuous delivery pipelines: Jenkins, Spinnaker
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.