Job ID 1025592 Date posted 7/18/2018 Primary Location Bracknell, England, United Kingdom; London, England, United Kingdom Other location London,London,United Kingdom Job Category Sales Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
· Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is recruiting a Channel Storage Sales Specialist to join our highly successful and growing Sales team.
The person required should have at least 5 years sales experience in the Storage area and should preferably be a graduate, although not a mandatory requirement.
The ideal candidate will have experience in selling Storage solutions based around all aspects of storage including Enterprise SANs, All Flash Arrays, Software Defined Storage and Backup technologies. The ideal candidate will have held such a role preferably in Channel Sales although candidates with End User Sales experience will also be considered.
HPE is one of the world’s leading & most successful IT companies.
The HPE Storage Portfolio is a wide ranging portfolio covering entry level SANs through to our industry-leading 3PAR Storage arrays, Storage Networking and StoreOnce Backup solutions. HPE recently acquired Nimble Storage and Simplivity Hyperconverged, both of which fit neatly now into the new HPE Storage portfolio.
The Storage Sales Specialist will:
· Drive Storage Sales through aligned HPE partner(s) in close cooperation with all key stakeholders in the partner, the HPE Partner Business Manager and aligned end-user sales teams.
· Work to a quota & storage sales plan and forecast your aligned partner(s) sales orders
· Work closely with Storage Presales teams to enable the sales teams, solutions teams and pre-sales team in your partner(s) to develop innovative Storage solutions to compliment the partner(s) ‘go to market’ strategy.
· Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the partner(s) at all levels from executives to sales floor by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the partner(s) and position HPE as the compelling vendor with breadth of portfolio to address their customers’ needs.
· Formulate and expand solutions to generate additional product or service attachments and up-sell revenue.
· Contribute to the joint business plan between HPE and partner and drive campaigns to promote and create leads for HPE Storage portfolio.
· Collaborate and leverage the HPE network to create new opportunities for investment into your partner(s) to assist with the joint growth plans.
Scope and Impact:
· Participates in general partner sales strategy; defines specific partner sales plans with manager.
· Independently sells a specific product/solution.
· Support end user sales as a storage solution specialist and contribute to demand generation for your aligned partner(s).
· Account size ranges; supporting your partner working in Small-Medium, Enterprise, or Corporate Segment; varied sales cycle.
· Carries quota specific to outcome of partners’ joint business plan
· Key contributor to Channel Storage Sales Specialist team.
Education and Experience Required:
· University or Bachelor's degree preferred – e.g. in Math and/or Economics, Physics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Network Engineering.
· Demonstrated progressive achievement, diversity of business partner and customers, and higher level engagement.
· Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products.
· Typically 2-5 years of experience in Storage sales in either Channel Sales or End User environment will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Demonstrated Storage Sales skills
· Technical Storage capability to conduct customer engagements.
· Commercial experience to generate compelling offerings including CAPEX and OPEX models.
· Assesses solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine"qualify-in"/"qualify-out"status
· Solid communication and presentation skills to present propositions to all levels within a partner
· Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
· Will regularly use Saleforce.com updating deal profile and forecasting accurately. Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.