Channel Presales Engineer, St. Louis, MO
Channel SE Req#1065013
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Presales System Engineer to join our team.
Territory: St. Louis or cities within the 'South Plains' territory - IA, SD, KS, MO, NE
· Provide awareness, pre-sales, and installation preparedness enablement training to HPE’s channel partners within the South Plains area, specifically in IA, SD, KS, MO, and NE. The ideal candidate will be based in St. Louis, MO or the surrounding area. Training will be a mix of some sales but mostly technical, and delivered through webinars, on-site classes at the channel partner’s facilities, roadshows, distributor events, at regional locations, and at channel events. Topics include hardware and software products, gap training, new product launches, solutions that integrate with ecosystem partner products, roadmap, and competitive. Work in conjunction with the rest of the channel team to contribute and develop content for existing and new webinars and training classes. Support the rest of the channel team and the region as required for key reseller initiatives, product launches, strategic opportunities, etc. Own and operate a “personal lab” to maintain skills, learn new features, products, OS updates. Come up to speed quickly on new products and solutions, SW releases. Engineers are expected to maintain a minimum number of meetings and partner trainings per week. Weekly and quarterly reporting to track performance and accomplishments. Work with Aruba’s channel partners to understand their business models, technical lead and technical staff knowledge and experience levels, revenue, partner level, and provide enablement training to help increase their win rate, increase revenue, and increased technical certifications, helping them attain the next higher partner level to increase margins. Work with the Channel sales team to identify focus partners, top partners, and craft a detailed enablement plan for each.
Solution Planning and Design
· Architect an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements.
· Investigate and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
· Adapt solution design to new requirements.
· Establish the validity of a solution and its components.
· Identify the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
Establish and maintain solid partner relationships
· Maintain excellent communications with channel partner executive management across the Region.
· Represent the company as a technical expert.
· Advance opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
· Build partner loyalty through being a trusted advisor. Each to reach, easy to communicate with.
· Partner effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
· Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
· Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
· Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs.
· Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within the company and partners.
· Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise.
· Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
Education and Experience Required
· Technical University or Bachelor's degree.
· Typically 5-10 years experience in wired and wireless networking, security.
· General networking knowledge, including routing, switching, switching topologies – core, distribution, and edge, stacking, trunking, QoS, VLANs, VPN technology, RF, antenna technologies, WLANs – both controller-based & controllerless topologies, firewalls, authentication and encryption, and other related security technologies.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the company's technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies.
· Knowledgeable in competitive solutions.
· Apply a broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
· Apply productivity-enhancing tools and processes.
· Establish thought leadership in technical specialty areas.
· Demonstrate ability to work as the lead for large complex projects.
· Maintain a high level understanding of the company's product roadmaps across all product and solution areas.
· Demonstrate extensive hands-on level skills.
Additional Job Description
Ability to travel significantly – 50% to 75% at times within the individual’s territory. Excellent verbal, written, presentation and organizational skills. Ability to teach in a classroom or auditorium environment. Within the first 6 months in the role, the candidate must achieve all sales certifications, and Aruba’s ACMA
Certification, Achieve ACMP, ACCA and ACSP within the first year.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.