Channel Presales Engineer, Aruba
ARUBA, A HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE COMPANY, IS REDEFINING THE INTELLIGENT EDGE WITH RELIABLE MOBILITY AND IOT SOLUTIONS.
for organizations of all sizes. The company delivers solutions that empower organizations to serve mobile savvy users who rely on internal and cloud-based apps for every aspect of their work and personal lives. With services offered as software from the public or private cloud, Aruba also delivers secure connectivity for mobile and IoT. An open architecture allows IT professionals to build networks that keep up with changing technology and user behavior by migrating away from expensive-to-operate and proprietary infrastructures which were originally designed for fixed network connections within physical locations.
We are in the midst of a massive transition away from networking technologies that were designed for the 20th century when mobile, IoT and cloud did not exist. The surge in mobile and IoT means that wired and wireless networks must deliver more than just connectivity—the network is expected to provide actionable insights and analytics that justify future investments, that serve mobile and IoT needs—while keeping the network secure and without breaking the budget. Aruba solutions are optimized for today’s enterprise and SMB environments where mobile, voice and video and IoT are pervasive.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Channel Presales Engineer to join our team.
Responsible for defining, developing & supporting the sales process for technology and solutions with account teams. Engages in account transactions based on technical expertise required in specific deals/programs leveraging specialized knowledge base across multiple accounts. Focuses on area of technical expertise, e.g., specific products/areas within company's global business units. Responsible for technical consulting work with customers in selling and supporting company products, services and systems, or software. Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and customer training.
· Provide technology, product, and solution training to HPE’s channel partners across Canada. Training will be a mix of some sales but mostly technical, and delivered through webinars, on-site classes at the channel partner’s facilities, roadshows, distributor events, at regional locations, and at channel events. Topics include hardware and software products and solutions, gap training, new product launches, solutions that integrate with ecosystem partner products, roadmap, and competitive.
· Work in conjunction with other channel team members to contribute and develop content for existing and new webinars and training classes.
· Support the rest of the channel team and the region as required for key reseller initiatives, product launches, strategic opportunities, etc.
· Own and operate a “personal lab” to maintain skills, learn new features, products, OS updates.
· Come up to speed quickly on new products and solutions, SW releases.
· Track reseller certifications, assist them in achieving certifications required for their partner levels.
· Engineers are expected to maintain a minimum number of meetings and partner trainings per week.
· Weekly and quarterly reporting to track performance and accomplishments.
Education and Experience Required:
· Technical University or Bachelor's degree.
· Typically 8-12 years’ experience in technical consultative selling and account management.
· Technical and/or solution experience in the networking industry.
· Experience in vertical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to travel significantly – 50% to 75% at times within the individual’s territory.
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation and organizational skills.
· Ability to teach in a classroom or auditorium environment.
· Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the company's technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies.
· Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge.
· Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives.
· Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage for the company.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.