Job ID 1029747 Date posted 9/3/2018 Primary Location Bracknell, England, United Kingdom Job Category Administration, Graduate programs and Internships Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Internship
UK&I HPE Category Support – Business Management and Development Role (Reporting)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Head Office – Bracknell, Berkshire
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is currently the world’s largest technology company. We operate in over 170 countries and are market leading in several industries, boasting strong year on year growth. Working for Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, proactive and sociable individual to contribute to driving the continued success of the Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Services product ranges in the UK&I marketplace.
We offer a challenging 13 month internship program which has been specifically created to get the most out of the best interns; the role offers real responsibilities from day one. Working in a fast paced, professional and forward thinking environment will provide a perfect setting for those looking to develop invaluable experience they can take forward into a future career.
You will receive support and mentoring tailored to your needs throughout your time on the intern program and beyond. When you join you will receive a 4 week ‘hand over’ period from the current intern in the position to help you establish yourself in this role. You be working closely alongside the other Category Intern.
The successful candidate will be working as a member of the ‘Business Unit’ supporting the Category Team. Your support will help members of the team make business critical decisions effecting both strategy and pricing. In addition, you will assist in the running of a sales collateral portal, ensuring the UKI Channel have the relevant information to sell HPE products. Your role will require you to work independently on reports, but also work well with the team and external agencies. There is scope for the successful individual to become involved in and gain a good understanding of all aspects of the business and take on additional responsibilities while contributing their own value.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Management Reporting – providing regular and ad-hoc product sales reports with analysis - to assist in making business critical decisions for the Hybrid IT Category Team.
· Market Share Analysis – using excel and analytical skills to create PowerPoint decks on HPE’s Market Share position in each quarter, to be looked at and used by UKI Leadership Team.
· Pricing – price and discount products by creating price lists on a regular and ad hoc basis.
· Creating a monthly Newsletter with Business Unit updates to ensure internal teams are aligned and well informed.
· Working with an external agency to oversee the running of a sales collateral, providing them with new updates and working to grow the portal to help change behavior within the UKI Channel.
· Validate and keep track of promotional claims and cashback offerings.
· Monitor team merchandise and coordinate shipments to Partners and Events.
· Producing and collating both internal and external communications.
· Opportunity to attend partner focus and training days to help push HPE offers and promotions.
· Supporting the team with operational processes.
In addition the successful candidate will be encouraged to undertake ad-hoc projects encompassing other areas of the business that interest them.
Key Skills / Job Requirements:
Demonstrate the drive and willingness to succeed in a multi-faceted organisation, the candidate should have strong numeracy skills with a good basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages, particularly Microsoft Excel.
The candidate will be working closely with members of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Management Team and associated departments (e.g. Marketing, Finance, Sales) to support the business so will require strong interpersonal and communication skills. The individual needs to be able to work under their own initiative as well as with guidance from the core team.
Potential interns must be completing an undergraduate degree which requires (or has an option for) a year’s industrial placement. A Business - or business related - degree discipline is preferable but not required. However, a target to achieve a 2.1 (based on results and/or predicted grades) is required.
In addition to the above educational requirements, students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement at the beginning of July 2019 for 13 months.
· A proactive, positive attitude with the ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
· Ability to work with numbers and understand connections in data.
· Attention to detail, accuracy, and initiative are essential.
· Confidence and willingness to offer ideas.
· Holistic thinker.
· Effective organization, time management and flexibility in order to cope with several pieces of work at the same time.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office – especially Excel.
13 month, full-time contract.
Optional Flex Benefits and discounts.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.