Big Data Solutions Intern
Job ID T_R_1622802 Date posted 6/5/2017 Primary Location London, England, United Kingdom Other location United Kingdom Job Category Administration Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio and proven leadership to be the world’s leading enterprise technology company. We are a market leader in hybrid infrastructure, software, services and cloud.
At HPE Big Data, we provide market-leading solutions to help organizations all over the world understand the meaning in information. Through our Big Data software and cloud services, we help the world’s leading organizations unlock the full business value of their data. Our enterprise-class analytics platform and our governance and data management offerings enable organizations to store, analyze, explore, predict, govern, and protect 100% of data, regardless of type, source, or location.
We are currently looking for bright and ambitious students to join our HPE Big Data Solutions Professional Services Team in London for a 13-month placement. This role would involve implementing HPE Big Data products and solutions to our diverse set of customers. You will be working as part of an experienced team of Technical Consultants, Architects, and Project Manager to support our projects through their lifecycle. You will have unique exposure and knowledge of our market leading software and the range of solutions and business challenges we can address.
· As a team member designing and implementing solutions based on HPE Big Data software to solve customer business problems.
· Acting as an advisor to the customer by:
· Understanding the customer business;
· Understanding how our Product or Solution achieves business benefit;
· Issue investigation and resolution.
· Supporting sales and growing the Professional Services business by:
· Attending pre-sales meetings with sales and solution architects.
· Creating and managing technical documentation.
· Giving technical presentations and running customer workshops.
In order to be eligible for our Internship Program, you must be completing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Maths, Science, or related area of study with an option for a year’s industrial placement. Also, you must be on track to receive a 2:1 or higher.
In addition to the above educational requirements, you must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement at the beginning of July 2017 for 13 months.
· Problem Solver
· Excellent communicator
· Customer facing
· Willing to travel within Europe, Middle East & Africa on occasion.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· A strong ability to solve technical problems including in areas outside of previous experience;
· The ability to learn new technology, products and languages quickly to deliver results;
· Ability to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence;
· Consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing;
· Ability to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate.