Aruba Network Engineer
· You will be providing Pre-service design/installation and Post-Deployment technical support.
· You will be proactively analyzing and recommending ways to optimize and utilize on the customer’s HPE-Aruba CX switching investment.
· You will be assessing and escalating technical issues in support of HPE-Aruba CX switching TAC and Product Engineering organizations.
· You will have collaboration in the development of HPEAruba CX switching wired networking solutions; building test beds; conducting verification & validation testing; developing performance benchmarks.
· You will deploy, configure and maintain Intelligent Management Center platform.
· You will actively seek to educate and expand customer HPE-Aruba CX switching technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use.
· You will have HPE/Aruba Resident Engineer Challenges
· You will have the ability to integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team.
· You will have the ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE/Aruba products.
· You will have the ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer.
· You will teeam with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer.
· You will have the ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving.
· You will maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer.
· You will have at least 7-10 years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking industry experience.
· You will have at least 3-5 years current, practical hands on HPE-Aruba CX switching wired switch experience and expertise. Must hold current HPE Aruba CX switching, ClearPass Certification design deploy and troubleshoot Aruba CX switching, ClearPass and wireless networks.
· You will have an four-year college or university degree or equivalent training and certification.
· You will have the ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot HPE Comware wired networks; which includes enterprise L2 and L3, OSPF, QoS, IP network security, authentication, VRRP, NPS, VRF, VXLAN bandwidth aggregation, QoS, ACLs, and Net Edit network management platform.
· You will have experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (Physical, MAC, Network, Transport, and some application level).
· You will have experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; high availability, and cloud networking.
· You will have experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
· You will have good communications skills, both oral and written.
· You will have project management experience/skills/background, a plus
· You will have experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
· You will have the ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly.
· You will have experience in identification of potential opportunities to for additional HPE-Aruba business
· You will have experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments
· You will take an methodical approach to trouble resolution
· You are comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
Additional Job Description
· You will have Wireshark packet capture
· You will have Protocol analysis- TCP/IP stack and PCAP
· You will have LINUX, XML, HTML, Powershell, Python
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.