AI/ML OPS Engineer
HPE Enterprise Data and Analytics team is looking for experienced machine learning engineers with expertise on extracting structured information from unstructured text. We are looking for someone who to solve problems, deal with real big data in actual products that real people use and who has hands skills on cutting edge tech, including machine learning at scale, graph databases, and predictive modelling.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to experiment with large data sets, cutting edge language models, and be supported by a crack team of software engineers and data analysts ready to create the best training data possible and help operationalize your models on cloud infrastructure. This job is an individual contributor position, but you will have significant input into research and product development decisions and serve as a key technical leader within the company.
The selected candidate will contribute to industry-leading-edge projects using your data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence skills to transfer ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems that will delight customers. You will be a key driver in taking something from an idea to an experiment to a prototype and finally to a live production system.
· Use machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques, and others to create actionable, meaningful, and scalable solutions for business problems.
· Analyse and extract relevant information from large amounts of data and derive useful insights.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation.
· Develop and enhance the predictive capability of in-house developed supply chain risk models for use by some of the biggest enterprises in the world.
· Work with MLOps to deliver production systems with your models.
· BS/MS in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics.
· 5 + yrs industry experience with 3+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning, predictive modelling, and analysis.
· Deep technical skills in machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing with the ability to explain and present deep technical ideas.
· A passion for creating innovative techniques and making these methods robust and scalable.
· Track record of productionizing ML models.
· Creative, collaborative, & innovation focused.
· Fluency in Python and ML/NLP libraries.
· Experience with transformer and recurrent language models BERT, GPT2, LSTM, Word2Vec
· Experience with databases and data structuring/warehousing.
· Experience with time-series forecasting.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with colleagues of varying technical and non-technical abilities.
· Experience putting ML models into a large high-availability production environment.
· Contributions to open source projects in the NLP/NLU space
· Good experience creating entity, relationship, and event extraction models
· Positive, good-natured, and generally pleasant to be around.
· Demonstrated commitment to building a diverse and inclusive culture
· Great sense of humour with a sense of adventure
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.