Manages one or several larger accounts or acts as the account lead for a substantial part of a top account. Understands the customer’s IT and business objectives, priorities, requirements and challenges, and adds value by implementing HPE’s strategy. Drives business performance for all HPE BUs and manages the portfolio mix to optimize profitability of the account. Accountable for pipeline building; accountable for and supportive in deal closing and orchestrating the deal team. Builds and develops relevant customer relationship networks with key influencers and decision makers in IT and business. Develops and engages with the extended partner ecosystem to maximize HPE’s presence in the account. Constantly develops information technology industry knowledge to position HPE’s portfolio in the account. Orchestrates, engages, guides and provides feedback to the extended account team members. Acts as customer’s advocate inside HPE. Plans for accounts to deliver results through the financial year and beyond.
· Develops a connection between the customer's business priorities and the plan to support those with HPE's portfolio, leveraging internal resources and support. Influences the customer's decision makers through describing the value of HPE's solutions and their relevance to the customer's priorities.
· Builds and executes a basic plan to drive growth and profitability, based on an intermediate-level understanding of the differentiation of higher value products and services. Leverages HPE programs and tools (e.g. Executive Sponsors, BU deal support, and supply chain programs) to improve business performance.
· Engages with the customer to identify opportunities. Translates customers' business challenges and goals into IT opportunities. Identifies and develops opportunities for short and mid-term success. Accountable for deal closure. Drives deals to closure through a multi-disciplinary team, including partners.
· Develops and maintains an ad hoc professional network within the customer. Articulates the customer's decision making process and defines a basic engagement model.
· Develops a basic overview of the partner landscape in relation to the account. Works with the HPE Partner Business Managers to assess and update the partner strategy for the account.
· Develops and updates knowledge of information technology and HPE's portfolio. Articulates relevant modern trends in IT.
· Maintains tactical relationships and runs a simple governance with extended account team members. Provides feedback when requested.
· Utilizes HPE tools and processes for intermediate-level customer advocacy.
· Builds and executes basic account business plans for defined accounts, focused on tactical plans within the fiscal year. Shares and aligns the plan with relevant account stakeholders.
The sections below help differentiate between levels to enable consistency.
Education and Experience
· University or Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent experience. Engineering or technology education is a plus.
· Typically 2-5+ years sales experience.
· Experience in IT industry preferred. Experience working within IT department and/or within customers is a plus.
· Experience in vertical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
· Drives Results: Shows strong will to win, is persistent in face of obstacles and has a clear results orientation.
· Strategic Planning: Possesses sales planning skills.
· Sales Execution: Able to deliver on short term sales engagements and objectives.
· Continuous Learning: Continuously and actively pursues own learning.
· IT Industry Acumen: Builds and maintains knowledge of cutting edge IT industry developments and technology trends with potential impacts to our customers.
· HPE Portfolio Knowledge: Builds and continually updates an understanding of HPE products, solutions, and service offerings - their value propositions, competitive differentiators, and benefits to our customers and our customers' customers.
· Team Leadership: Develops expertise in leading teams (including dispersed and indirect team members) through sales engagements.
· Network/Relationship Building: Able to create professional relationships; understands and leverages the value of collaboration.
· Two-way communication: Able to listen actively to understand the perspectives of others, and to articulate value propositions, plans, and proposals in language relevant to the customer, partner or internal stakeholder.
· Influencing and Negotiating: Understands and leverages influencing and negotiation techniques.
· Business Acumen: Understands how different parts of a business interoperate to produce business outcomes and how actions impact company results. Has an understanding of general business concepts and the economy. Able to understand financial reports and make relevant conclusions for planning. Similar principles apply to public sector organizations.
Operational Excellence: Shows predictability and operational excellence both internally and externally.
· Integrity: Acts with integrity even if under pressure.
· Typically manages 1 to many accounts. May manage a portion of a large account, usually within an assigned geography.
· Works with first-level and mid-level decision-makers in the customer organization.
· Orchestrates regional pursuit resources for the account.
· Leads moderately complex sales engagements, project management and coordination to meet deadlines.
· Typically qualifies and closes deals of moderate complexity.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.