Job ID 1014721 Date posted 5/15/2018 Primary Location Bracknell, England, United Kingdom Job Category Graduate programs and Internships, Sales Schedule Full time Shift First Shift (United Kingdom)
You don’t wait for change. You drive it. Go where next-generation IT solutions meet next-generation career opportunities. Discover the power of partnership at Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Hybrid IT Presales Graduate Scheme
As a Presales Graduate within HPE’s Hybrid IT team, you will be part of an industry-leading organization, engaged in promoting HPE’s leading portfolio of products and solutions to customers in the UK & Ireland.
Our Presales technical consultants work in partnership with our sales teams and partner organisations to build strong relationships with our customers, and work on specific opportunities. Whilst participating on the graduate scheme, you will participate in defining, developing, and supporting the sales process for technology and solutions, whist aligning with HPE’s internal career development framework.
The graduate programme is designed to develop you into a leading Presales Consultant over a period of 14 months. Over this time, you will be trained to develop in a number of dimensions:
· Technical – you will develop a broad knowledge of HPE’s products and solutions, their value to our customers, their place in our portfolio, the competitive landscape, in addition to getting hands on with solutions
· Consultative – you will learn what it takes to become a “trusted advisor” to HPE’s customers, helping to define solutions and support the sales cycle
· Professional – you will understand how to be an effective professional, through communication, presentation, facilitation, planning, leadership and career development
You will participate in informal and formal technical and soft-skills training, to ensure a well-rounded development into a technology advisory consultant. You will be involved with (but not limited to) the following tasks and activities:
· Understanding the breadth and depth of the HPE portfolio in our core infrastructure solutions (servers, storage, networking and management) as part of our Hybrid IT strategy, in addition to understanding of market technologies and trends
· Architecting, sizing and configuring solutions using HPE tools
· Regularly presenting to peers, management and customers to develop facilitation and presentation skills
· Develop your planning, debating and negotiation skills, mapping out your approach to learning the assigned topics
· Visiting customers in a “shadow” role with other experienced technology advisory consultants
· Build your consultative skills to uncover real customer needs
· Develop your personal network of help and support from the UK&I and Worldwide experts
You will have access to industry leading consultants and product ambassadors, who will coach and mentor you throughout your time on the programme, and beyond.
The programme allows a high degree of flexible learning, freedom to explore through different methods of learning across multiple technologies from the industry’s leading vendors and access to technical facilities to get hands on experience.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Passionate About Technology – if technology interests or excites you, you will love this role. What could be better than sharing your passion with our customers?
· Keen to Develop – desire for continual personal development in technical and soft skills
· Proactive & Enthusiastic – must drive positive, proactive engagement with peers, HPE account teams and customers
· Bachelor’s degree (completed prior to start date) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related Scientific/Quantative fields (minimum grade 2:1)
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Driving licence – although the graduate scheme is mainly office based, the Solutions & Technology Consultant role is field based Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.