1L Summer Intern
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Acts as a legal advisor to assigned internal clients (including the range of company businesses and functions) Identifies legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client’s objectives. Represents company in transactions, interactions or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors. Balances the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company. Represents the company before industry policy setting organizations, government agencies and other regulatory bodies.
· Contributes to legal advice impacting client decisions in a country and/or business or sub-division.
· Assists in the development of risk profiles addressing routine commercial or specialty law.
· Supports the development of routine legal awareness and training activities for clients.
· Analyzes routine legal issues and makes recommendations.
Education and Experience Required:
· Currently enrolled in first year of law school.
· Typically 0-2 years commercial legal experience at a law firm, in-house, or in an academic or similar institution.
· Basic knowledge of law acquired through academic, law firm, in- house, or similar institutional exposure.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Academic and practical legal knowledge in areas relevant to position.
· Developing knowledge of company policies and procedures.
· Emerging experience advising on legal matters.
· Basic legal writing, verbal and listening skills.
· Good analytical reasoning skills.
· English language skills to business standard preferred.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element!
Want to know more about it? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.