Finance placement opportunity with Hopkins Concrete (Tarmac, a CRH Company) Wincanton, Somerset
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support future prosperity. CRH has an annual revenue of €25bn.
Tarmac recently acquired Hopkins Concrete, a well-established family owned business. Hopkins is a large company supplying concrete, aggregates and complementary services in the South West with sites in Wincanton, Bridgwater and more recently Exeter.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
A paid placement opportunity is available to support the Finance Manager in financial projects designed to drive delivery of business performance objectives. This will involve the use of excel and accounting software.
Examples of such projects include assistance with:
- Redesigning the fixed asset register and policies
- The naming convention for the ‘Chart of Accounts’
- Implementing a new stock system
- Analysis work on profitability
- Capex planning
- Implementing a cloud time management system
The duration of the placement is 8-12 weeks with potential for more to the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in pursuing an accounting/finance career. As such will have:
• Proven proficiency using advanced Excel.
• Ability to work independently with an analytical and logical approach.
• Practical financial work experience highly desirable.
• Willingness to travel to a rural location - Wincanton, Somerset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a cover note and CV.