To maintain the hotel's customer and heart of house areas in accordance with Hilton standards by performing preventative maintenance per schedule, corrective maintenance also repairs as necessary and to help others in the engineering department in any other areas.
Primarily responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: walking freezers, ice machines, refrigeration equipment, air conditioning, electric motors, intake and exhaust fans.
What will I be doing?
· Maintains rooms in optimal condition by performing repairs as needed.
· Understands the refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
· Understands the electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read wiring diagrams.
· Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
· Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
· Understands the Room Preventative Maintenance Program.
· Helps with repairing all heating/ventilating/air-conditioning systems.
· Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs.
· Works with other departments as needed on all maintenance issues.
· Follows all safety procedure and policies of the hotel.
· Report any hazards in the department or hotel and takes immediate action to correct.
· Maintains problem log book to record the equipment in need of repair and prioritizes efforts accordingly.
· Maintains inventory of supplies needed to perform job function.
· Reports major repairs and items that cannot be repaired to the dispatcher for further action and if necessary, place a room out of order.
· Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor.