A Switchboard Telephonist accepts, delivers and responds to Guest and management messages, enquiries and emergencies and uses their knowledge of the hotel facilities, services, and the local vicinity to quickly respond to the customer.
What will I be doing?
As a Switchboard Telephonist, you will accept, deliver and respond to Guest and management messages, enquiries and emergencies using their knowledge of the hotel facilities, services, and the local vicinity to quickly respond to the customer. A Switchboard Telephonist contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Accept and deliver all messages correctly and promptly for both Guests and management
· Ensure all wake up calls take place at the correct time
· Demonstrate knowledge of all hotel facilities and service and use up-selling techniques to promote these offerings when the appropriate
· Handle emergency calls immediately and relay comprehensive and accurate information, as required
· Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Attend appropriate training courses, when required
· Demonstrate a knowledge of all hotel services, local attractions and landmarks in the hotel vicinity
· Follow company brand standards
· Assist other departments, as necessary