Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
As a member of our Heart of the House department, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Steward. In your role, your main tasks will include:
· Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the hotel following the HACCP guidelines and Hilton policies and procedures.
· The regular dishwashing tasks as well as any deep cleaning tasks necessary.
· The cleaning and maintaining of all back of the house areas.
· The waste management; emptying and cleaning of garbage disposal containers, sorting of waste to allow for an efficient waste storage and collection.
· Keep the Heart of House stores organized and functional, ensure correct levels and quality of equipment for other departments.
· Check and ensure that all operational equipment complies with hotel standards.
· Work with a service-oriented attitude to assist both guests and colleagues.
· Understand and follow all safety and security protocols and report any defective materials or unsafe situations to the foreman.
Skills and competencies
In order to fulfill this role in our vibrant and lively Heart of House department, we ask our ideal candidate to possess the following skills:
· Hands-on mentality with an eye for detail.
· Pro-active work attitude.
· Able to work both independently and as a team.
· Good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch.
· You are flexible to work morning, evening and night shifts – during weekdays and weekend days, including public holidays.
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces, we offer you the following:
· Intensive training period and a personal development program.
· Internal transfer and promotion possibilities.
· Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program.
· Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels.
· Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!