Join the Hilton Waikoloa Village as a Specialty Restaurant Manager! This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your experience managing high volume restaurant operations and upscale service at one of Hawai'i's premier resorts. The ideal candidate will have three (3) or more years of restaurant management experience, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a passion for hospitality.
What will I be doing?
A Specialty Restaurant Manager manages, directs, and organizes specialty restaurant operations to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
· Maximizes retaurant department profitability; implements effective controls of food, beverage (including extensive wine list) and labor costs and monitors the restaurant's budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses. Ensures par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, retrieving and stocking product. Evaluates cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develops and implements cost saving and profit enhancement measures.
· Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verifies temperatures, judges appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality. Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments for consistency.
· Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer satisfaction of the restaurant, recommends and implements new marketing and/or operational policies and procedures when necessary to keep up with demand and market changes; investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Interacts positively with customers.
· Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, counsls and disciplines specialty restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organizes and conducts pre-shift and department meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedules and directs staff in their work assignments.
· Utilzes computers to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and draft correspondence. Inputs and retrieves data and changes computer prcedures and programs the system accordingly.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations; responsible for ensuring cleanliness and proper sanitation of all work and service areas.
· Participates in the development, implemntation and marketing of new and creative menus to attract a pre-determined customer market; promotees the cross-selling of other hotel outlets and the company.
What are we looking for?
· 3+ years of experience managing full-service restaurant operations
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to effectively lead and coach a team
· Ability to maintain a strong floor presence, ensuring that opportunities are captured to create outstanding experiences for guests
· Upscale dining experience preferred
· Experience managing in a union environment preferred
· Open availability to work varying days/shifts including, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!