The Biltmore, Mayfair opened in June 2019, after undergoing a multi-million-pound redevelopment, as the first LXR hotel in Europe and Hilton’s new luxury collection – LXR Hotels & Resorts.
This luxury hotel, situated on a super prime location in the heart of Mayfair on Grosvenor Square, will offer 257 luxuriously appointed guest rooms as well as 51 highly-curated and beautifully designed suites, which will reflect the property’s origin as a sophisticated and elegant London private residence.
The Biltmore, Mayfair will boast new culinary concepts headed by internationally-renowned chefs, an all-year round alfresco terrace, an exclusive cocktail bar and a large gymtech fitness suite. In addition, the hotel will showcase an impressive 500 sqm ballroom and various smaller function suites up to 100 guests.
Why join The Biltmore, Mayfair as a Sommelier?
· “It’s your world”– Your next role could be as an Assistant Head Sommelier or Head Waiter, or why not move into a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
· Personal Development programmes for Supervisors and Managers
· Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
· Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
· 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
· Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
· Service charge and tips
What will it be like to work for LXR Hotels & Resorts?
LXR Hotels & Resorts is Hilton’s luxury collection brand, with each location offering a singular travel experience native to its place, history, and tradition. Found in the world's most alluring destinations, LXR Hotels & Resorts immerse you in truly profound travel experiences.
The Biltmore, Mayfair will be fit for royalty, well-travelled guests from around the world and senior corporate executives and guests will experience first-class service distinguished by an unrivalled commitment to personalised attention and luxurious yet locally immersive experiences for our guests
What will I be doing?
· Provide professional and current knowledge of wines to guests
· Recommend wines to accompany relevant dishes to patrons
· Describe and up-sell wines to provide excellent customer experience
· Suggest wines to accompany new menus in line with financial budget
· Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
· Ensure accurate billing
· Strive to achieve departmental targets
· Serve Alcoholic/non-Alcoholic beverages in conjunction with licensing/liquor regulations for residents and non-residents
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Attend training provided by the hotel
As a Sommelier you will work 5 days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
· Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in the luxury market.
· Impeccable grooming standards
· Excellent communication skills
· Passion and commitment to delivering exceptional levels of service
· Ability to work on your own or in teams
To apply for this role
· We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited for an interview followed by a trial shift.
· In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage