Waldorf Astoria Orlando is looking for a talented Senior Sous Chef to help lead the culinary team at Oscar's Brasserie !
Surrounded by Walt Disney Resort, this luxurious Forbes 4-Star property has 502 rooms, 30,000 square feet of banquet space, and 7 food and beverage outlets. This includes 3 restaurants, 2 bars, a pool, and in-room dining.
In this role, you will have responsibility for Oscar's Brasserie, Aquamarine Pool Bar and Clubhouse Grille , while managing a culinary team of up to 15, two Sous Chefs and report directly into the Executive Sous Chef. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional leader with a great vision, a drive for innovation, and a talented culinarian who fosters a positive and engaging culture. At least 2-3 years of Sous Chef experience is required. Prior luxury hotel experience is a plus!
For more information on the property, please visit:
· Waldorf Astoria Orlando
· Waldorf Astoria Orlando (@waldorforlando) • Instagram
Here are some perks you can enjoy when joining our team
· Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
· Career growth & development
· The Go Hilton travel discount program
· Competitive wellness benefits
· Team Member Resource Groups
· Recognition and rewards programs
· And so much more
What will I be doing?
As Senior Sous Chef, you would be responsible for assisting with the direction and oversight of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, a Senior Sous Chef would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
· Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
· Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
· Create and implement new menus and individual food items
· Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
· Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!